Does your Mac support connecting to nan incorrect Wi-Fi network? Here's really to hide unwanted Wi-Fi networks connected your Mac.
- Forget Wi-Fi networks from System Settings to forestall automatic connection. However, doing this will require you to re-enter nan password later.
- Forgetting a Wi-Fi web besides removes it from different Apple devices if you usage iCloud Keychain.
- A amended action would beryllium to disable auto-join for circumstantial Wi-Fi networks to forestall automatic relationship while keeping nan login specifications intact.
If your Mac tries to support you online by automatically connecting to adjacent Wi-Fi networks, forgetting nan Wi-Fi web successful macOS is 1 measurement to tackle nan problem. An replacement method involves instructing your Mac not to auto-join a circumstantial network.
You whitethorn want to extremity your Mac from joining circumstantial networks for various reasons—bad download speeds, anemic encryption protocols, etc. We'll show you precisely what you request to do to hide a Wi-Fi web and extremity your Mac from joining networks automatically.
Forget Wi-Fi Networks From Your Mac's System Settings
Instruct your Mac to hide immoderate antecedently saved Wi-Fi web from nan Wi-Fi settings page. However, beryllium warned doing truthful besides intends you must manually re-enter nan network's password if you want to reconnect to it astatine a later time.
If you usage iCloud Keychain, forgetting a Wi-Fi web will besides region that web from immoderate different Apple instrumentality you use.
Instead of forgetting a Wi-Fi network, it's usually amended to alteration your settings for that web to guarantee your Mac doesn't automatically link to it (more connected that later).
To spell up and hide a Wi-Fi web connected your Mac, here's what you request to do;
- Click nan Wi-Fi icon successful nan paper barroom and take Wi-Fi Settings. If you don't spot nan position icon, spell to System Settings > Wi-Fi.
- If you want to hide nan web you're presently connected to, click nan ellipsis (...) fastener adjacent to nan Wi-Fi's sanction nether Known Network(s).
- Choose Forget This Network, past click Remove successful nan pop-up to confirm.
- If you'd for illustration to hide immoderate saved web (even those that are not wrong range), scroll down to nan bottommost and click Advanced.
- Under Known Network(s), click nan ellipsis (...) fastener adjacent to nan web you want to hide and prime Remove From List.
- Select Remove to confirm.
Remember, you whitethorn request to authenticate utilizing Touch ID (or different methods of unlocking a Mac) to hide a Wi-Fi network. In my experience, however, aft selecting Remove to hide a Wi-Fi web and refusing to corroborate my personality erstwhile prompted, nan instrumentality still forgot nan network. That intends it's imaginable to hide a Wi-Fi web connected your Mac without an admin password.
Disable Auto-Join for Wi-Fi Networks connected Your Mac
If you want to extremity your Mac from connecting to a circumstantial Wi-Fi web automatically but would alternatively support its login specifications intact, simply forestall it from auto-joining that network. Here's really to do that:
- Click nan Wi-Fi icon successful nan paper barroom and prime Wi-Fi Settings. Alternatively, you tin spell to System Settings > Wi-Fi.
- If you're presently connected to nan network, click nan ellipsis (...) fastener adjacent to nan network's sanction nether Known Network(s). After that, deselect nan Auto-Join action from nan pop-up.
- Otherwise, scroll down nan Wi-Fi settings page and click Advanced.
- Under Known Network(s), click nan ellipsis (...) fastener adjacent to nan web you want to extremity auto-joining.
- Next, uncheck nan Auto-Join action from nan pop-up.
- Click Done to finish.
Now, each clip nan Wi-Fi web is successful nan vicinity, you'll person to link to it manually. You tin do truthful by clicking nan Wi-Fi icon successful nan paper barroom and past clicking nan network's sanction nether Known Network(s).
Forget a Wi-Fi Network aliases Stop Auto-Join connected Your Mac
Forgetting Wi-Fi networks connected your Mac is speedy and easy, but doing that besides deletes related passwords. So, you whitethorn want to see deactivating nan auto-join characteristic instead. By disabling auto-join, your Mac will clasp nan network's credentials, redeeming you from nan hassle of entering nan password again.